STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
If you’re not a meat lover but you are ready to dig into something meaty, these herbal, chip-crumb-topped portobellos will do the trick.
Prep time: 90 minutes
Great for: Main Course
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Marinate your mushrooms. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Remove the stems from mushrooms and set them aside. Place the mushroom caps in the marinade and let sit for at least one hour.
3. Put the crimini mushrooms and portobello stems in a processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl. If you don’t have a food processor, chop by hand.
4. Add a Tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan and cook the spinach on the stovetop. Drain the liquid and set the spinach aside.
5. Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add the onion and sauté until it starts to brown, stirring often, about five minutes.
6. Add the garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add the chopped mushrooms and salt and raise the heat. Continue stirring until all of the liquid disappears, about eight minutes.
7. Season mushroom mixture with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
8. Add spinach and goat cheese to the mushroom mixture and mix gently. Add half of the chips to the filling and mix gently.
9. Transfer the marinated mushrooms to a rimmed baking sheet, gill-side down. Roast for about 15 minutes, until they start to soften.
10. Turn mushrooms over. Divide filling among mushrooms. Sprinkle the remaining chips on top and bake until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Brit+Co. View LAY'S Wavy Pinterest for additional recipes.
Mushrooms + Marinade
– 1 cup olive oil
– 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup marsala (substitute: dry red wine)
– 3-5 fresh thyme sprigs
– 6 large portobello mushrooms
– 1 16-ounce package frozen spinach
– 1 pound crimini mushrooms
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– ½ cup LAY’S® Wavy Cheddar Flavored Potato Chips crumbs
– 1 5-ounce package soft fresh goat cheese